View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 AM
DelDah Capt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

My understanding is that the entire merged pilot group splits 3.5%. I think we were all hoping that LOA 19 represented a springboard for an even better eventual joint contract. However, several weeks ago Lee Moak sent an email that if you read between the lines, he was trying to say that in the current environment, "Don't get your hopes up". Personally I was really hoping for a much better DC plan.

I know there are still a lot of people at NWA (and other airlines) who think LOA 19 was a 'stab in the back'. I think History might show that it was a wise attempt to salvage any pay/equity deals out of this as oil goes through the roof and the US airline industry goes down the toilet. I really feel for the airlines in full section 6 negotiations right now....I'm not sure they'll do much better.

Of course the real shame is that we didn't get the better contract back in Feb/Mar timeframe. That's going to represent a lost opportunity especially if the SLI rumors are true and it turns out to be a ratio/relative seniority framework that sounds strangely like the Delta position. I will also add that given the general underwhelming nature of this joint contract for the Delta side, I'd really like to see the proposed SLI before voting on any JPWA.