Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Brian3613 View Post
Yeah, Rickair they passed me and issued me a first-class medical. I was just blowing off steam, I was reading up on their rules, and most of them seemed unreasonable. It reminded me of some of the rediculous bias rules in the military.
As I tried to explain, the military has their rules for a reason...just because you don't know or understand those reasons doesn't mean they are invalid. The services don't want to limit their pool of recruits any more than necessary. It's too bad that your personal ambitions were sidelined, but the military's role is not to provide fullfillment to individuals, it is to defend the citizens.

My vision went slightly off 20/20 while in college, which kept me out of military flying. But I have had a lot of fun doing other things in the military...and my generation was pre-entitlement, so I felt lucky just to be doing the stuff I was doing.

If you are keen on military service, look into non-flying options...there are a few interesting jobs out there (most of which require high levels of fitness and motivation). Probably better job security than aviation anyway.