View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
What do you mean "might be confused?" The only thing I know is that I'm always confused.

The claim and notes were for flushing our retiremnet not for 33.5% + 14% pay cuts, $500/mo medical that we now pay, reserve system that sucks, green slip pay reductions, and so on, and so on, and so on...

My one 5.5% profit sharing check plus the occasional $75/mo shared rewards doesn't quite make up for all that. The $124/hr I made in 1999 as a 727 FO sure went a lot further than what I'm making now. I think that is the only profit sharing check I've ever received, but I could be wrong. I did get one from AA Eagle once for $30 and Crandall mailed everyone a $100 bill once.

The reason we are all working for these wages and benifits is because the majority are willing to do so. "In these times" bla bla bla. The downhill slide all started at AA when the pilots caved when management threatened bankruptcy; all the time APA was yelling for us to hold firm.
Absolutely correct sir! A lot of folks (especially AA pilots) forget that post 9/11, it was American that caved first and caved BIG!!

Carl