View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Rnav
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I am literally a week or two away from implementing my plan B. Going to work for the government in a non-flying related job. I love being an FO and flying, but the time away from home, low pay and thought of being furloughed has me looking out for my family first. Yes, I knew all this getting into the industry. I would still do it again in a heartbeat. Its just not a good time to be at the bottom of a seniority list in the industry right now(I've now helped some noobie move up a seniority number, my good deed for the year). I know the experiences I've had flying part 121 are something that will be with me for the rest of my life. The capts and FO's I've had the pleasure to fly with and know are some of the best people I've had the pleasure working with. At the same time this is a somewhat negative post about getting out of 121 flying, I think of my experiences at the airlines as a positive one.

flying on the weekends will do for now. I would still encourage anyone interested in becoming a commercial pilot to do it. Once you've done it, you will always have been and always will be an airline pilot... Good luck to all those who continue to live the dream!