View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
jamin35008
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Zayghami View Post
Awsome! this is all great information, and no i had never heard of chair flying, i hope it will help me with my flow.
Also, do you think the examiner would mind if I were to go up to him ahead of time and see what he's looking for on the test?

Not the best idea to ask the examiner any questions right before. This may show to him that your not ready to be pilot in comand. What your instructor taught you throughout your training should be enough information to pass the ppl. I remember mine and I did not feel ready, most people never feel ready to take a checkride, but just remember that if you dont know something just be honest with him/her and say so. If you lie the examiner will know right away and just dig a bigger and bigger hole for you. Just know where you would find the info....for example if he/she asks you "what does this means on the chart?" and you dont know just say that "I dont know but if I could look at the legend I could tell you" and he/she might let you find the legend and that should be good enough, they may just want to see you find the legend and thats a good enough answer without even pointing out what they asked in the first place.......No one person knows everything! Good luck! Last thought....just briefly scan over your stuff the night before!!!! Dont pull a all nighter, get a good nights rest and show up at the airport a good 2-3 hours before the ride just to get everything in order and RELAX!!! Good luck!