View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Short Bus Drive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Originally Posted by Blueskies21 View Post
...Obviously this hurts everybody but I just don't get the Mainline against Regional. Everybodys pay sucks. Where did mainline guys get their start? Regionals (used to be called commuters) and at that time they were all getting "stage pay" now most of them have block or better or a rig of some sort. Everybody has to start somewhere, look back twenty years and give yourself a break.
Well, unfortunately it sounds like there are pilots out there who only care about themselves. We already knew that. Hopefully this "glitch" , or whatever it is, gets fixed before this gets REALLLLLL ugly.
On a side note about the above quote...
I am "new" to the "Legacy, major..."whatever, so don't tell me I gave up scope, cause I was still working my way up.
But "back in the day", the "commuters" were TURBOPROPS that only could get into places where the "mainline jet" couldn't (EAS type routes). So they fed the mainline. TODAY, they (regional, commuters, Express Flights...) are taking over "mainline" flying with jets, for turboprop pay!!! Case in point, what used to be an A320 or 737 on DTW-DEN is now a Replacement Jet (RJ). And if the frequencies of these flights were reduced, there would be less congestion, use bigger planes. So we could charge more, and the passengers wouldn't complain (too much?) because they will be closer to on time, instead of ground stopped due to congestion.
OK, the soapbox is away.