View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander
Default Dal/nwa Stop Oil Speculation Website

I suggest EVERYONE do this it is VERY easy and pass it along to your friends and family. It was designed so anyone and everyone can email their local reps about the oil crisis and its effects on us all. Check it out

The only way i could get this to work was to separate it. Combine all of that and check it out. it connects you directly to your reps and has a pre-written letter already in there, it just takes a second.

http://capwiz. com/delta/taf/

Here is the pre-written email it will send your senators.

July 1, 2008 [recipient address was inserted here]

Dear [recipient name was inserted here], I am very concerned about the loopholes that allow run-away speculation in the oil trading markets in recent months. I support legislation that will reduce the level of speculation in energy commodities markets by restricting the ability of institutional investors to invest in oil they will never consume. As you know, with the collapse of economic interests in technology stocks and subprime mortgage markets, hedge fund and financial speculators have now turned their attention to oil, driving prices up by as much as $20 to $60 a barrel. For airlines and most every industry dependent upon fuel, this run-up is having a devastating impact on our company. American consumers are hurting--not only from the price at the pump--but from an economy that's under enormous pressure from record fuel prices. Our jobs, our livelihoods, and the airlines' ability to connect everyday Americans to business and tourism around the world depend on a reasonable energy policy. While there are numerous solutions to address this energy crisis, preventing excessive speculation now will provide immediate relief to consumers and companies hard hit by unprecedented fuel prices. The airline industry is joined by trade associations, farmers, truckers and unions in supporting change in Congress that will reduce energy speculation. We need legislation to close the Enron loophole to limit the amount of future oil trading that can be purchased by institutional investors like hedge and pension funds, increase transparency in the commodity trading market, fully close the Foreign Exchange loophole by requiring all foreign exchanges offering trades through the U.S. to be subject to the same regulatory requirements applicable to U.S. exchanges, and increase funding to the Commodities Future Trading Commission to ensure it has the resources it needs to investigate and regulate the increasingly complex U.S. and world energy market. Please support and vote for S. 3122, S. 3183 or comparable legislation. Thank you for your support for America's airline industry and for taking immediate steps to help fight America's oil crisis.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Superpilot92; 07-01-2008 at 04:03 PM.