View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Flare Armed View Post
Carl,

This post will probably be lost in all the flames, but I am pretty pleased with the TA....once again, we get some improvements in a horrible economic environment while delivering on the promised parity. Many people predicted a DECREASE in the Letter 19 raises because of the recent changes in the economic environment...didn't happen.

I enjoyed reading about some of the NWA stuff...gives some insight into how complicated this merger is behind the scenes and I think our negotiators did a good job.

Also happy to see the flowback stuff extended to the entire pilot group.

Not sure how guys can be ****ed about a contract that gives them additional furlough protection (I was out for 3 years so I'm not some sheltered senior guy), 18% raises, increases in retirement, etc. etc.

Meanwhile I have family and friends getting furloughed in a matter of months and are worried about larger problems in their lives.

Keep whining "instant no voters". And for the guy who is so ticked at DAL and DALPA with 400 hours, I suggest you quit. Obviously this airline is not a good match for you and you'd be happier and better off somewhere else.

And to the NWA guys....I'm glad to see the parity happened. Maybe this will get some guys to get away from their unnecessary suspicions of our pilot group.

Here's to better days,
Thanks for the great post Flare. I'm sorry to hear about your 3 years. I was furloughed 5 times in my first 4 years with my first airline. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I think there's a chance we can pull this deal off without furloughs. That would be incredible.

Carl