View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 PM
rjboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ CA

I am a SKW Captain and I am against going this far on this issue. Each Captain can control the priority in his or her own JS. It is more of a hassle but I would rather see us work on this a little longer before we start making threats that we don't really want to back up.

The other thing I want to say is that all this back and forth between mainline and regional pilots is exactly what mgmt wants. The reason we are all facing pay cuts and furloughs is because they are not doing their job, which is to make the company profitable. If mainlines were making money then mainline pilots would not be taking cuts to protect their jobs. If mainlines were making money then regionals that do a good job and provide it at a reasonable cost would not have to be constantly looking over their shoulder for someone to come in and take their flying at a cheaper rate while doing a worse job. We need to stick together and blame the mgmt that runs the mainlines into the ground while taking giant payouts for their crappy performance.