View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
That's easy. After LOA 19, DALPA had an incredible hammer. My previous posts outlining what could happen to NWA guys is probably what you recall as negative. DALPA could have made this very ugly - they didn't. Lee Moak said he wanted a joint agreement ASAP - he meant it.

I've always said we needed to wait and see what the actions of DALPA were versus listening to their words after LOA 19. I've seen their actions now, and I think they're stand up guys.

I guess getting a glimpse of what my future union is made of makes me feel more positive. Strange how that same glimpse makes you feel more negative.

Carl
Good post! It is weird how "Some" of the DALPA followers stood behind their MEC all the way through the LOA 19 vote and suddenly when NWALPA and its pilots are being treated like equals by DALPA, some DAL guys turn their backs on THEIR and soon to be OUR union leadership . To me that shows a lack of character and honor. They were the ones saying you NWA guys better get on board the trains leaving and DALPA is doing whats best for everyone you will see. And they were right we did see and that helped calm the room with some NWA guys who were skeptical. This will pass and hopefully the angry minority dont become the long term bitter guys nobody wants to fly with.

Just like Carl said at points through this whole mess i was skeptical on DALPAs position and i am happy to say i shouldn't have been. Good on them and good on the NWA MEC for working together on ALL of our behalves.