View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
If we are to swallow four years there should at least be a COLA+ attached to the end of it.
ACL,

I want C2K plus COLA. Why are you selling us so short?

You could ask the AAI guys what their negative 11% COLA request from management is like. Or the Midwest guys losing 33% of their flying and 50% of their pay. Or Aloha, ATA, Champion, MaxJet, EOS, SkyBus, Gemini....has Frontier taken paycuts yet?

Of course we could point to the paragon of Union virtue, APA, and see what their bargaining strategy for "just a COLA" has brought them. In fact, as I look around I don't see anybody else getting the level of restoration that this TA provides. I see UAL with 950 fewer pilots (understating the 1400 notices that went out) and ALPA trying to mitigate, AMR with 300 on top of the 2000 already out, CAL trying to mitigate, AirTran with 180, LCC with 300. It's an UGLY picture

I know you generally support this merger. Demanding more in this economic environment won't work. The negotiators got substantial improvements (Over 20% for DAL, 30% for NWA) and took all there was to get.

But when economic times turn around, don't be asking for no COLA. Demand restoration. If this new company turns highly profitable in 2-3 years, they'll have enough cash to afford it. If it doesn't, we'll get to visit what every other airline is going through...again.