View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left

Originally Posted by VictorFoxCharli View Post
Typhoon...you seem to be the expert on this one...I've read some of your previous posts on this issue...

My one big concern is sending my passport info and license to these companies prior to my interview...is this normal?
Originally Posted by VictorFoxCharli View Post
I'm new to this site and i am sure these questions have popped up before somewhere, I just have a few questions...

1) Are these companies reputable... Contract Air, Parc Aviation, Hawaii Aviation...?

2) Is it normal for these companies to ask for your Passport, license, etc (and send it via internet).... before they interview us?

3) Are oil prices affecting the rest of the aviation world as they are in North America?

4) Any other information on moving/living in China/Japan/Vietnam... would be greatly appreciated...
1. As far as I have seen, yes they are reputable. Some are better than others, I have heard. Don't know much about Contract Air, but some other good ones are Direct Personnel, and GAP, and CCL (cambridge). Check out some threads on PPRune.com for more complete info. Check the Far East section.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but it is mitigated somewhat, depending on where you are talking about. Many of the airlines are fuel hedged. Some are state or quasi state supported, which helps. And the competition is somewhat less than the crazy competition the US Carriers face. Plus some of the carriers you mention are in emerging markets.

4. Can't help you there.

Just my opinions.