View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:23 AM
JasonGerald
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: ACMI 747-400 FO/USAR C-12

I can give you a synopsis from my interview at Atlas:

New hires, all are going to the 747-400, are based in London Standstead, STN. Technically there is no flying out of there so its a "phantom" base. If your are based in STN then you have to bid a 17 day in a row work schedule.

Pilots fly commercial out of a gateway city to start their trips, the company pays for the ticket to and from work. So domiciles are irrelevant. You live where you want, preferably near an airport the company has designated as a gateway.

The standard is 13 days off with 14 during a 31 bid month. The guarantee for a new hire is 50 hours and after the first year it goes to 62. There are no trip and duty rigs. Pilots have to travel on their days off to and from work.

Polar and Atlas have started integrating the seniority list. In time the company will merge into one entity. The company has orders for 747-800, 12, and 14 options.

I interviewed in early June and was told that classes were filled for the rest of the year. I've been around long enough to know everything is subject to change.

Atlas is getting two 747-200s that were dry leased back from Tradewinds. There is an additional -200 that was loaned to Polar. Atlas has their own training facility in MIA with a -200 and -400 simulator. So maybe there will be more training classes before the new year.

I hope that helps you.