Thread: commuting suck!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
CRJDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Some Hotel

Originally Posted by rsliman View Post
I got to phx early this morning for the first flight on Mesa to fat for a 5pm show.... full with jumpseater. Second flight.... full with jumpseater.... I call crew support to tell them my difficultes, and see if our flight out of lax was open, it wasnt. I figured lax was my best shot anyway, so I run over to Southwest and get on the first flight. Our flight is overbooked with 6 standby. I called crew support to tell them, they said they would take the first leg off my trip, and I could pick it up in LA. Im now sitting in the crewlounge and I get a call from crew support saying they dont have anyone to cover the leg, and they are going to must ride me on the next flight to fat at 6:30pm, well that wasnt going to work because my first leg was scheduled to depart at 5:30. I just got a second call from crew support, they said they show me on the flight from lax to fat. I assured them that I was not currently on my way to fat. They still have noone to cover the first leg. This is my first trip out of fat... I transfrerd there from palm springs because the commute would be easier

I HATE COMMUTING
Your first mistake was trying to commute on Mesa. Second, commuting will get worse this summer. Southwest is the best for jumpseating. Hope your company has a commuter policy. One of the many reasons I sucked it up and moved to base. Have fun commuting this summer!