View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
JerrySpringer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ

Originally Posted by JasonGerald View Post
Polar and Atlas have started integrating the seniority list.
There is already an integrated seniority list. It has been arbitrated and anyone hired now is under DOH integration. There is an arbitration or two at PO to be decided yet

In time the company will merge into one entity.
The Company's goal is to merge the crewmembers, but the Atlas and Polar certificates will remain separate

The company has orders for 747-800, 12, and 14 options.
-8 not 800

I interviewed in early June and was told that classes were filled for the rest of the year. I've been around long enough to know everything is subject to change.

Atlas is getting two 747-200s that were dry leased back from Tradewinds. There is an additional -200 that was loaned to Polar.
It was leased and it's due for a D check....rumot of it going bye bye from AAWH

Atlas has their own training facility in MIA with a -200 and -400 simulator. So maybe there will be more training classes before the new year.

I hope that helps you.
Originally Posted by JasonGerald View Post
That is how I understand it. 13 days off with travel on two of them really means 11 days at home. I wonder if that will change with the new contract.

Also, the pilot group at Atlas has voted to decertify ALPA and go with the Teamsters.
They have only filed cards with the NMB as of now. The vote is forth coming
I believe the former MEC chairman at Atlas is now the head of the airline division at the Teamsters.
True

I hope the working environment in the cockpitwill be cordial. At the interview, the Chief Pilot said that both Atlas and Polar use the same procedures and manuals.
Sort of true...on the classic only. They really should get FAA approval before they do any merging though. I've heard the Feds like to approve things

So, from an operational perspective merging the pilot groups should go easily. As to any animosity between the two pilot groups, I'll stay out of that one.
Good folks work on both sides of the equation. Some let emotions cloud logic
I have to add filler....It is a good JOB. Good folks to fly with on the PO side. The 5Y guys I've met seem to be good dooods.