View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Speedbird34
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Now you are reaching We already discussed this on FI via PM's. You try and label anyone who discusses race in your presence a racist.

I dont have patience for racism either and you know it. My little sister is adopted and she is Hispanic and African American. I just said her heritage does that make me a racist? Stop reaching and stop trying to label everyone a racist.

I look forward to working with all of you DAL guys/gals. Have a good day
Really tired of reading your constant pro merger drone. If you feel I have toned down my veiws from my past posts maybe because some people make sense to me. Maybe an intelligent arguement was made to me.
If I am racially ignorant I would not be first in America to have that problem. You will find many on both sides of the aisle.

When some kid from Minnesota who manages to get a job flying and has parents who adopt a mixed kid and feels he is racially grounded as a result of such an adoption starts to lecture me on race, it sickens me.

I do not know what your folks motive for adoption was nor do I want to go there. It is enough to say for some people adoption is similiar to getting a pet. Maybe a really black kid was too much for you. maybe a mixed kid was preferable. Have you ever asked them why a mixed kid. Maybe so that it is not too hurtful to your eyes. You are the kid who had no choice in the matter or were you part of the process. I guess I should thank you for saving the black race.

What ever service you imagine you have done to the black people. Somethings are better left alone and my veiws espercially racially must always be judged in the context of the debate taking place at the time. I do not hate white people and in fact happen to find them admirable. I can say that and that is all that matters. I do not say it because of fear or favor. It is a good way to be and I can not tell you that every black person I know feels that way. But for those who still fear or distrust other races I would always reach across and say give it a chance.

Now as for you my very young man. You will never know what it means or feels like to be black. You do not have the intelligence to Imagine it or the empathy to feel it. I know that already from reading your posts. In many ways you are the most harmful type of individual to race relations because you are ignorant. You are not a racist just ignorant and at times I believe that is worse.

And for your information kid, you are not a Delta pilot yet. Maybe in your wet dreams but till this merger is complete and you have gone through indoctrination. You are a Northwest pilot. Not a pilot of the new Delta. It does not exist yet. You are just a kid very lucky to be a Northwest pilot.
Maybe one day if this all goes through I will get to fly with you and you better have some good stories for me about your accomplishments. It had better be something better than having a job flying a DC9 for Northwest at 27 yrs old.

Last edited by Speedbird34; 07-07-2008 at 03:31 PM.