View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
upndsky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Bebe Bus De L'Air Assistant Aerial Conveyance Facilitator

Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
History has shown that there is a penalty for not striking when the iron is hot. I need not say the words "February '08 pre-meger opportunity." But I will. Look what just a couple months cost us there...
SS,

I understand and respect your argument for voting no, but right there you've given the biggest reason for voting yes. No one outside of the MECs and management has seen the pre-merger contract, but if what has been posted is true, it had more to offer than what this JPWA now has.

So, in the last four months we have lost ground even though our leverage really hasn't changed. If anything, you could argue that our leverage has increased because of the merger announcement, yet we still couldn't do any better. With the way the economy and oil prices are going, odds are that if this gets voted down, the next contract will have even less to offer. It's one thing to negotiate for as much as you can, it's another to negotiate yourself out of business.

I'm still a DAL probie so I won't have a say in how this plays out. But if I did, I'd vote yes. Take the money and run. Neither option is great but this is the lesser of the two evils.

And Speedbird and SuperPilot, give it a rest. You're supposed to be professional airline pilots. Instead you're acting like a couple of 6-year-olds.

Anyway, I've spoken my piece. I'll go back to lurking now.