Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
DMBFAN
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
This is so dumb I cannot begin to describe it.

"UAX Pilots Association" was dumb enough to start a jumpseat war. Stupidest idea I have ever heard. I was so happy when I saw many UAX pilots on this board say that they would never deny a UAL pilot a jumpseat. Thankfully there are some clear thinking pilots out there.

Then the UAL MEC is stupid enough to escalate the issue further and say if the "UAX Pilots Association" does not respond to their ultimatum within 1 week, then they will ask all UAL pilots to deny UAX pilots the jumpseat. Morons.

Now I hear some UAX pilots say if UAL starts the no jumpseat war, then the UAX pilots will finish it (and thus deny jumpseats to UAL pilots). Are you kidding me!!!!!!

If any UAX pilots are denied UAL jumpseats, they will have no one to blame but the "UAX Pilots Association."
If any UAL pilots are denied UAX jumpseats, they will have no one to blame but the UAL MEC.

NO I did not get that backwards. These pilots will have no one to blame but their very own representation for starting/escalating a jumpseat war. This must be managements best wet dream. And it is coming at a time when we as pilots need to be sticking together the most. Many of these guys/gals who may be denied jumpseats if this war happens are more than likely facing furlough/downgrade. Do we really need to give them any additional stress at this time.

All I hope is, regardless of whatever position the "UAX Pilots Association" or the UAL MEC take, I hope each individual pilot at UAL or UAX will recognize the stupidity of a jumpseat war, and continue to allow every UAL/UAX pilot onto their jumpseat.

I just can't believe how idiotic this entire situation is. The "UAX Pilots Association" was stupid to start the war, and the UAL MEC was even dumber to escalate it.

Any of you will be welcome on my jumpseat anytime. The only people who I would ever deny a jumpseat to would be scabs. I would not even deny a jumpseat to a Gojet pilot. I would still probably let a Gojet pilot on, and just give them a lecture about how their actions are undercutting the entire industry for the flight. But any action beyond this is just so insane. Do not use the jumpseat as a political tool.

Yep, you can't say it any better than that! Nice post!