Old 07-09-2008, 04:44 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

problem is..... getting access to the CA.... sometimes its just not happening.... Many times UAX flights are quick turning 25 minutes or so.... and even if the CA checks once.... whos to say somebody does screw the system up after?

The WHOLE issue is pathetic.... TWO years UAL MEC has known of the problem and did little or nothing but make excuses as to a quick fix..... 18+ months seems pretty long term to me..... THEN the UAX JS people make this threat.....followed by a lecture from some pompus UAL MEC jerk who states that the JS shouldnt be used in this way and THEN goes on to threaten an EARLY first strike to prove that he is bigger and badder......

I dont have a dog in this fight anymore as I just left my old UAX carrier for a corporate gig but personally I dont think the guys I flew with will be denying the JS anytime soon. Im sure it will happen on both sides..... and some guys will get their ass in a pickle.... I guess from the UAX side of things there wont be so many mainline guys in the coming months JS'ing with the parking of the 73's.

In many ways you could say that mainline fired the first shot allowing UAX pilots to be denied their rightful JS..... a partial solution is for pilots on BOTH sides to be aware of other JS'ers in the gate area and do the right thing... but maybe thats too much to ask.....

Originally Posted by Flyguppy View Post
"What the hell just happened"? For cripes sake man!! Stand up for your rights! Go talk to the Captain! Get a supervisor involved!

I commute every trip. It's pretty cut and dried from where I stand that any S.A. guy that shows up on the CMH/ORD route is going to bump me out of the jumpseat. If I'm a Republic guy and I see some jerk UA pilot that thinks he's taking the jumpseat.......GROW SOME STONES and tell him in no uncertain terms that it is your priority for the jumpseat! I can't believe that this is even an issue. Who the heck cares what the CSR says? It's the "C"aptains jumpseat. Hopefully the "c"aptain does not let a CSR dictate who gets to sit there......... They don't, do they????!!!

Look, I can tell you right now. The programming is NOT going to get fixed. UA mgmt is NOT going to spend the money on it's employees, just look at the past. It has ZILCH to do with the UA pilots or the UAL MEC. Yet, the band of regionals have decided to dork over the pilots in some sort of leverage play.

Therefore, take responsibility for your jumpseat Captains!!! I know I do.