View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO
Default Reserves and QSO

For the manning,
This weekend was a perfect example of a lack of reserves. There were many airplanes just sitting around for hours waiting for either the pilots or flight attendants to get there (plus lots of cutomers). Had there been plenty of reserves many of these flight could have been launched to keep the system moving and the late crew members released or put on reserve/airport standby IAW the flight scheduling guide to pick up the next batch of late flights. I know that we have always made it thru with lots of reflowing crews, junior mannning crews and volunteers. But I think it all fell apart this time. I know we cancelled a bunch of flights for crews. They may try to blame it on wx, but it was just a lack of reserves/crews. I hope that the senior management see this for what it is and fix it (Dave and David). I have no doubt that the VPs in operations (A and D) have not been fully informative to the big guys about the status of manning (trying to save $$$), but this will be hard to hide! Think of the cost to give refunds, vouchers, hotel rooms, meals, etc. All that money could have been used to pay more crews.

Back on the QSO, has anyone talked to any one that was there and has some gouge on the discussions, directions we are going and what type of changes we will see (and when)? I haven't heard a think from the guys there or from management. Did they take a blood oath not to tell anyone? Just looking for some info.

Thanks,
FNG

Last edited by FNG320; 04-04-2005 at 09:07 PM.