Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by fatmike69 View Post
Wish I would have taken down the name of the captain that did this to me one day. It was on one of OUR flights, and I made it VERY clear to this guy what was going on, and pretty much he told me to pound sand. Gate agent wouldn't call the captain or let me down the jetway, and I didn't have the cell phone numbers of the crew members working the flight. In fact it seemed this guy took some sort of pleasure acing me out of my own jumpseat. So, sorry to say, the arguement about not letting the gate agent decide the jumpseat doesn't carry any weight with me. Fix the software.
Fatmike,
Not only get the offenders name, let the JS Folks know the details of what happened. Easier for the JS coordinators to resolve between each other.
Why let the clear minority of UAL pilots control the jumpseats for the absolute clear majority across a big chunk of the industry. Managements at each airline will clearly enjoy the fallout of a JS war. No business argument beats pilots kicking other pilots to make management crow in spite of themselves. Cool heads need to think this one before a few blow this up badly.