View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM
cgdaddy1
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Default Migraines and your medical.

I'm a major airline pilot 40 years old. What started out as what I thought was as simple headache I'm concerned is growing into much more.

Out of the blue I will see spots. I mean this in all seriousness it looks like germs floating around (something you see when you look in a microscope for example of the microscopic life.) It's actually maddening to see, it's hard to focus on anything else because you can't see correctly. This can last for a couple hours to all day. So far none have happened when flying.

Along with that I get a naseous feeling and headache with it. It's a strong headache but not put me flat on the floor but it does hurt. But the vision trouble and nausea with it I'm wondering if it's a form of migraine?

And it comes on randomly. Inside, outside, watching TV, whatever, no specific trigger.

In the last 3 months I've had I'd guess one a week.

To boot my Mother has suffered from migraines her whole adult life and I have read it's genetic.

I fear I have some sort of migraine issue. Any and all opinions appreciated in terms of losing my medical to fly.