Thread: Picken's plan?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Shamrock23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I am from Europe and the only reason Turkey is not part of the union is because it is a Muslim country. To say it is because it is a messed up country is a complete lie if you look at the countries that we have approved to join the union. It is plain and simple, if Turkey was christian they would have been part of the union long ago. To me I think this is nonsense since there is a large amount of angry Muslims already in the UK and France but people feel happy saying no to Turkey even though they would crack down on extremism faster than the UK or France ever would do. I personally think that Turkey should be in the union and most people I know feel the same. The union is not just France and Germany and the sooner they figure that out the better. The way the union has been going was rejected by the Irish (the only country to vote on the new treaty) and now they need to change there close minded agenda.

But as a side note, there is no need for an North American union. Canada and USA already work together closely and Mexico would not add anything to that. But in my OPINION it probably would be better to try to switch some of the jobs in China to Mexico, who is a much better allie (spelling?) than China.