View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:03 PM
LucasM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I passed!!! I went to take my re-check and I was the 3rd person in line to take the MEI re-check (the examiner must be strapped for cash this month). the oral exam was nothing more than him taking my money and asking "if i feel better about studying up on the things i missed with my instructor", to which i promptly replied "yes, very much". and he asked what specifically it was that i needed work on because "i do so many of these re-checks, i can't remember them all" (even though it was only 2 weeks to the day since the bust) and then he said we would go fly.

as easy as this was, i feel so completely ripped off. if i knew this was how it was going to be when he busted me, i wouldv'e just offered him the extra $300, and still would have gone home and studied without a bust on my record. the flight was nothing more than the maneuvers, something like .8 on the hobbs.

i am debating to report him to the orlando fsdo in a few days. things like this should not be happening just because the examiner has some bias against me and my fellow students or that he needs extra money to "go on a 6 day fishing trip in ANC". not to mention during the first oral exam he was taking phone calls and not even referencing his PTS.