View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
P-51D
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by Sherwood80 View Post
From the e-mails I have been receiving from Bob, it is dependent upon attrition, upgrades, and new planes. As of a few weeks ago, they plan on six upgrades; but I would think they would start classes in the current pool, and get through those before they look at hiring again. Especially since their classes are expected to be decreased to 6-8 pilots, instead of the 12-16 they used to have (I am unsure if those are the exact figures, but I know it was more than 6-8). I don't know if this is possible/feasible, but my fear is that they will be looking for those recently furloughed pilots with 1000s of hours of turbine time, and hire some of them for the upcoming classes, while getting rid of us low-time pilots waiting in the pool. Anyone know if a situation like this has ever occured, or seems likely?? I know Bob has been emphasizing that he wants all of us in the pool to work for them, but I am hoping that US Airways doesn't force them to hire more experienced pilots.
The fact of the matter is, you are already hired, and even if PDT decided to hire 1000+ hour pilots, they wouldn't be more senior to you. So don't get discouraged and feeling that your job is in jeoprady...it's not....

They would only hire 1000+ hour pilots if they were in need of more captains, since the current FO's don't have enough hours....very similar to what pinnacle was going for a while when their FO's didn't have enough hours to upgrade.

Otherwise, there is already another hiring pool of applicants that have interviews when hiring does begin again. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the upcoming months. Hopefully all good news