View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
CWU1919
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

well i appreciate all of your insight so far...some of you have had some interesting things to say i appreciate the realistic perspectives from both kansas and freezingflyboy. skyhigh almost pleasantly surprised me until the little p.s. comment haha...a business degree? majoring in something else? i guess we have two different perspectives...i want college to be a place I can look back on and said I had a meaningful and valuable four years at a place I can always say Ill remember and cherish and have an emotional attachment too..something I cant say for my high school experience. i've been looking forward to this for so long i get to go far away from the arid and mundane surroundings of southern arizona and come fly in one of the most beautiful parts of the world in my favorite area in the world I first discovered when I was 12 years old, washington. The whole point of college for me at least is getting to pursue what you want to pursue something once again in high school I couldn't do and a generic business degree doesn't sound nearly appealing as getting to use up credits to do what I love and progress in a field I want to learn more about everyday while meeting people who I can relate to and have similar interests that I do. while i understand your perspective on an airline pilot is an aerial bus driver which airbus I suppose agrees with you on , I look at it as a way to discover a part of the world few get to see on a daily basis while working in a professional enviornment with hard working people who have the same passion as you. While im sure a business degree is certainly a useful tool and practical to many, i'd rather spend the next four years of my life doing something I love and feel good about than something that just doesn't have the same emotional attachment and color that flying does. as for expenses, time will tell but I feel that if you love what you're doing enough and are smart about it you can get by sure sh*t will happen, but I do plan on minoring in something else like psychology or geography which both interest me and I understand it is not wise to put my eggs in one basket as freezingflyboy emphasized but I am going to set my sights on achieving my first and foremost goal and that's being an airline pilot. Once again all thanks for the replies and keep them coming regards, Chris

Last edited by CWU1919; 06-23-2006 at 10:54 PM.