View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 07:02 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot

Brav989,

I use to live in Vancouver when I was flying for Horizon and taught ground school at Evergreen Airpark at nights to make a little extra money. I really enjoyed my time there.

CWU1919,

The college is great MidState Aviation however is a miserable place that overcharges for everything. The instructors are like used car salesmen. The Flight Tech program is run by a bunch of academics without any real experience. As far as I know not a single one of them has ever flown for an airline and most don't have any professional flying experience at all. I would get a geology degree and fly on the side someplace else.

Times have changed. Back when I was a freshman at CWU no one would have considered aviation as a career unless it came with the promise of a healthy income. The price is so high and sacrifice so painful that everyone of us had expectations of owning a 120 acre hobby ranches and buying a new truck every other year. You guys are already bracing yourselves for a modest to impoverished life before you even start. Our dreams slid from well off to barely making a living. What do you think the future will be like for you guys if you already have as a high hope of just being to earn a simple living?

SkyHigh

Keep your eyes on the skies !!