View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Shamrock23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I agree, but I think the extra tax should be spent on renewable energy investments. I think if your a pilot you need to decide if you want a job or do you want somebody to be able to drive 30 miles to work each day alone in their hummer? If oil prices go back down people will revert to their old ways and trucks and SUV's will start selling. Everything will be great again and high oil prices will fade away from our thoughts. Then in another few years or even months we will be faced with high oil prices again. It would be better to add more tax to automobile gas (whenever the price goes down) and have that pay for the infrastructure that will help build a serious renewable energy network in this country. The tax will also help to curb demand in the country and will therefore keep the price of jet fuel down for the airlines. By just giving airlines subsides for jet fuel you are still using tax payer money but you are not getting the benefit of helping to solve the problem in the long run.