View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
NZNV
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: If its got wings I'll fly it

Originally Posted by Duksrule View Post
When you airline, what kind of ticket do you get? First class or coach? Do you fly SW or just AA, CL etc? Saw a guy with a NETJETS hat on the other day going from CMH-LAS just wondering if he was a pilot or just wearing the hat.
The best answer to all of your questions is, "everything is random," but I will try to expand on it a little. You will get the cheapest ticket that is most convenient to the company. So typically on day one you will get the most direct flight that has you show after 8am (before 8am day one you make overtime). First class does happen once in a while if that is all that is left and they need you somewhere, also I think if they have you fly over 5 time zones you get first class so Europe or HI-east coast you will be in 1st. Going home they will (depending on if they need you) plan your last day based on the cheapest ticket. Being based in PBI they sometimes get a cheaper ticket to FLL and then they have me rent a car or take a limo to PBI. As far as the airline you get goes, it all depends on where you go, and where you live, if you live in CVG you will fly DL most of the time and if you live in BNA you will fly WN, and so fourth (there are a few airlines on a no-fly list that you will not fly on). In the past two years I have flown on DL, US, UA, NW, CO, AA, WN, and AT. I am a Silver Medallion on Delta and coach middle seat on the others. As far as the guy going to LAS with the hat, who knows, they gave us a box of hats and shirts last Christmas, so my neighbors have them, its anyones guess who it was. Hope this helps.