View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by ewrbasedpilot View Post
I find it interesting that DFW puts the financial screws and runs off the airlines NOT making money (Delta comes to mind), and then offers FREE terminals and space the airline who CAN afford it. Maybe AA should pull out and tell DFW to go to hell, pack up and let ALL of the passengers in the area fly on the cattlecar airlines. I'm wondering how much INTERNATIONAL business SWA has brought into the Dallas/Ft Worth economy? My bet is not one thin dime. I'm tired of seeing the "lowcost airlines" running the show, yet they can't fly a simple trip to Tokyo or Honk Kong or even Tel Aviv. Try getting a first class/business seat to Paris on SWA, JetBlue or Air Tran..... ...............and Paris, TEXAS is as far as you'll get. Wow.............. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends who fly/work at SWA and other LCC's, but I also remember when Pan Am, UAL, and a few others ruled the roost. Look at them now. If SWA hadn't had the money to hedge fuel, they'd be losing their shirt along with everyone else now too. These major airports better be careful as they might just get what they want..............and lose the majors in the process. I don't know of many businessmen that'll want to go to IAH just to fly to South America because DFW ran the majors out of town for a 737 fleet. JMHO
APC's #1 SWA hater strikes again.

-Fatty