Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
yacko
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ 900 F/O
Default Regional FO and Air Guard Flight Engineer

I know this military stuff has been covered time and time again on here but I would like some of your opinions on this. I am currently a CRJ 900 FO. I was previously an F-16 crew chief in the Air Force. I have my B.S. in Professional Aeronautics, Masters in Aeronautical Science, CCAF in Aviation Maintenance Technology and my A&P license, 26 years old. I have been talking with the guard base near my home and they have a FX opening immediately and I would have an excellent shot at it. I am turning in a resume and meeting with them just to see what I am officially offered. My ultimate goal would be to get a pilot slot with them eventually but this is not a gurantee. My question is, would being a flight engineer help my career when applying to majors or be indifferent? Would being in the guard help or hurt my civilian career? What if I decide to go corporate instead of airlines, how would being in the guard affect my career? Any airline or corporate guys out there have a silmilar situation? I appreciate all of the advice and opinions, thanks in advance.