Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
200SR20

Originally Posted by daniel0265 View Post
Dude, I have friends in your standz department and line instructors. I just left there as an instructor last year. You cannot be that far into ALL your ratings if you say you have not broken atleast the 60K marker. Cost for me was 75K starting at inst - CFI, PVT was at another place. This was the price I paied before it turned to a cirrus fleet, where an CFII ADD-On was quoted already at close to 7gs and no one in my class spent uner 9gs for it. Last time I had coffee with my buddies their they told me the cost has gone up over all. Now I am not saing it is not worth it, after all I drive an CRJ now but don't say DCA doesnt cost as much as these ppl say it does. At the end of the day, anyone who goes through the progam will pay out ATLEAST 75K Pvt-MEI (under old program) and that would be if you are a superstar.
I paid for PVT/INS in under 5 months a little under 25k... Commercial price came down because we only get about 20hrs in the Seminole. Commercial is only 30 lessons 15 in a single engine and 15 in the seminole. I have no idea how you spent 75k for only your INS-CFI thats beyond me. Commercial for me is looking like no more than 14-15k. O and 5 lessons for single add on of maybe 2k. I enjoy going there