Thread: Hiring rumors?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by 767pilot View Post
30 more, but don't forget to subtract the DC8 numbers as they get put out to pasture . Now again, take it for what it is worth, but he was pretty adamant about no 777's. It was described as an either or with the -400 and they went to the -400 instead as they didn't like the price of the 777 (240 mil).

As for the under reaction, he laughed about that saying that was just the way that they operate, i.e. we got routes and announced China before they had the planes for it, and now were doing this without knowing exactly where there metal was going to come from. These guys aren't stupid, they just see the world and their role in it in a different way than you and I. After all these years, I have given up trying to figure them out and I just smile when the check goes ito my account every other monday. I guess a little seniority buys you that luxury

I think you are accurate here, "One thing is for sure...if DHL goes through they'll under-react and if it falls through they'll over-react"
Your seniority doesn't buy everything...MY check is in my account the preceding Saturday

If I had to bet I'd say they'll get more MD11's (despite their problems with reliability-try fixing things and having parts) and dig up more -400's for conversion, as if they are choking on the 777 price tag, the Ocho will make them do a Karen Carpenter.

And I hope they have the brains to get 767's instead of more Yugos.