View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 08:03 PM
CL65driver
CA

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: I am the Captain now...

Originally Posted by cynical
So where is the regional industry heading? You will not doubt see regional pilots defending their decision to get into regional flying by saying that they never really wanted to fly for a major and that $200K-$300K a year to fly a plane is rediculous and that they are perfectly happy making $80K for the rest of their lives with a self-funded retirement.
Well, there's no way in hell I'm going to trust an airline with my retirement. There's a reason why a lot of us started IRAs when we were young, and contribute to them quite often. When I plan on retiring, I'm not counting on Social Security or some dimwit at an airline for my retirement. But then again, complaining is the typical pilot solution to every problem. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to be proactive and take matters into their own hands anymore. Shall I wipe your butt for you too, Captain?

But all BSing aside, and back to the original topic....

Is there anyone out there who interviewed at Pinnacle and is going to class on Aug. 7th? If so, I would just like to extend out a friendly hand, and maybe go grab a few drinks or something before class.

.... and just to keep this on topic, please only post if you have something meaningful to contribute to this subject. If you want to flame the regionals, go right ahead with your own thread. But don't hijack this one... some of us really do come on here looking to make friends, and not just whine.