View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Shaggy1970
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: On Food Stamps

Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Take this for what its worth

1. Ran into an Management guy the other day that I know and yes I know what you guys are saying (another he/she said deal). So just relaying what was said. Several weeks ago a presentation was given on pilot manning showing the effects of moving MD's down to domestic routes as the rest of the 400's come on line (6 next yr from ANC and 4 new ones will go to domestic). They will be put mostly on DC8 trips or replace 300's/75/dc8 etc (big shuffle). Bottom line This will free up 20 8's by dec 09. Leaving 6 or so 8's to be retired after peack of 09. The 76's will go to international as they come on and some to domestic to take a place on dom routes to replace the last 8's and combinations as stated above. This coupled with the crew complement down from 7 to 4 (int vs dom) will create a excess of pilots in the number to 200 to 300 ( DC8 = 119 capt, 114 fo, 12 FE over 60 and under 64, 6 MD's reduce by a ratio of 6 guys per plane = 36 9int vs dom), add 4 new MD's +48 and 4 new 400's (all 14 are manned, some not trained, according to manpower planning), the 767coming this year are already manned, plus according to manpower planning we are 80 fat at this time with the over 60 crowd on board. He didn't tell me these numbers. I just ran some numbersbased on our conversation so they are a guess but it does come to 313 guys. This number did not include planned, unplanned ret., an open time ban and/or mil leaves, and medical/short term/long term numbers and new 76's coming in the fall 2009. Not starting flame, just seeing it anyone is seeing this, hearing info like this, or even thought about the possibilities of this. Take this along with what Lekites said three weeks ago and this may be what they are thinking. But of course DHL changes everything.
This info is out there if you want to see it I am not sure many want to read it though.