View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Zapata
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 747 FO

Originally Posted by captnmajic View Post
Blame it on the public and their dorked-up mentality! They refuse to pay for an outright higher fare that will allow the airlines to survive and make money, yet the airlines have found a way to still extract it from them. While I don't agree with how it's being implemented, it is a necessary evil. I'd much rather see a fare that includes EVERYTHING, including taxes, and then get all the other services for "free", but apparently the public doesn't want to pay that fare, so they'll pay it in increments until it still equals what's needed to survive and make money.

As an aunt of mine used to tell me, "honey, nothing's free!".
That is incorrect. The public will pay the fare if they have no choice but to pay. It is airline management's fault. They all race each other to the bottom. The point here is they are using the stupid nickel and dime strategy....trying to sneak in the charges when really it is just an insult to the public's consumer intelligence. Charge what the flight costs, period. Work the cost of water into the friggin ticket price...sheesh!