View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:29 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

(almost) Everyone here is a cheap airline pilot, so all slammimng the "consumer" is pretty humourous. Your slamming your self <g> and you might go blind <bg>. Since I am the cheap airline pilot, I take umbrage that I'm to blame rather than the managements of these airlines. They have for years sold a product below cost to entice the consumer (me) to buy with them instead of the other airline. I would pay market rate, but they are perfectly happy to sell it to me at a loss and then expect you, my fellow pilot and airline employee, to take a pay cut. We are all chumps. Management has the golden parachutes and you blame the consumer? Pretty sad, I went to the local hardware store to buy some plumbing hardware since it was only a mile away. The price of the stuff was pricier than had I gone the 12 miles to Lowes, asked the manager if he knew how much more expensive his price was, the answer "I can't sell at a loss". On my end, I saved the gas price of driving 2 miles instead of 24 in a gas guzzler <g> and so saved money on the few things was getting.