View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 AM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

it sounds feasible... hit the books hard before you go back into do your BFR... it'll save some money on ground school, study hard for the instrument using the gleim get the test out of the way same for commercial. Since building time isn't really all that big of a deal... after you get your BFR, I'd try to fly with someone/share the costs as a safety pilot ( Pilot Share The Ride ) ( Airplane Partnerships and Flying Clubs to keep the costs of flying affordable. ) to just get back into the overall swing of things without wasting too much money. Find a decent 61 school that has a good record of students passing their checkrides within a reasonable time (50-55hrs for pvt, etc). Even if you can't log the time try to fly with someone as much as you can.
I can understand your story though, not quite the same thing.. but I soloed at 16, etc, etc... had everything going through AFROTC for a pilot slot.... couple of speeding tickets license suspended, no dui's though...seperated from AFROTC... went to get my medical renewed.. and I couldn't because of my previous tickets... wrote a letter to the FAA begging for it, 4 months later they told me I could get it back... kept working on ratings afterwards self-financed... hardwork, lots of hoops and bad decisions, but it was sure worth it in the end, getting paid for what I enjoy.