Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
FOblondie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
There were no ORD - FO positions on the displacement bid. ORD had only vacancies. You were not displaced from your current position (either normal or proffer). There were no DFE vacancies. Therefore pilots awarded DFE were displaced from their current position into DFE. There were DFA vacancies, however, you were not displaced from your current position so you can't preference bid from jet FO to turboprop FO.

Sounds like you must have picked ORD as a new hire domicile. Why do you want DFW now? Just curious.
Thanks for explaining that. I knew if I took the time to actually think about it I would figure it out, but it's a lot easier to just have it explained.

Yep, I picked ORD as a new hire. I didn't want to commute so for a few reasons I chose Chicago. Then I got there and realized I didn't like the city and if I'm going to not commute I'd rather do it in Dallas.

Also I wanted the ATR because I don't like how we can't go from a jet to prop and I wanted to leave my options open. But hey, at least I'm not furloughed yet, so that's good!

What do you think the odds are there'll be DFE vacancies in the near future?