Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Bill Lumberg
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Space Shuttle PIC

Originally Posted by Shamrock23 View Post
Bill, I am not an airline pilot yet, but if you look at the grob website in the news section it has a few artciles about how the spn has been displayed in static display at a few airshows so far (I am not sure what that means). It also has an article about how they plan on opening up a flight school for the spn in 2010 (again I do not know what that means). It has also been doing some flight tests, but I am not sure if they have to complete the JAA cert and then the FAA or if they can do it at one time. But from just following some airplanes during the certification process I would be surprised if they deliver on time. And as far as I know the amount of aircraft entering the planesense line at one time in the beginning would probably not have that much effect on the overall company. If you don't like flying single engine planesense is probably not the company for you. Obvioulsy with the market right now people would be lucky to get a job with them. It definitely kind of makes you jealous of those people that were able to get on with 500hrs a few months ago. But I guess that is part of the industry.
First, if you look at Planesense's website and recent ads, they claim the Grob SpN is slated to be "on line" in latter 2008 or early 2009 (quoting the website: "Expected to join the PlaneSense fleet in 4Q 2008"). Check out the web page and read it for yourself:

http://www.alphaflying.com/grobspn.html

I'd just like a progress report because I have heard nothing in the press lately. What's the status? I realize airplanes rarely get certified on time but I'd like to hear anything from the pilot perspectives (perhaps they have better information). Having the Grobs come on line sooner than later would likely impact hiring unless the Grobs were replacing existing airplanes - right?

Second, I never said I didn't like flying single engine airplanes - you quoted someone else. I would have no problem flying the PC12 (especially the PC12 NG). I have thousands of hours on the ERJ - I have been there and done that. Lifestyle and regaining a sense of "fun flying" are more important at this point.

Anyone else care to answer my original questions regarding:

1. Progress of the Grob vs. the timeline set out on the website
2. How many PC12 NGs have been ordered and are being currently flown?

Thanks