View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
III Corps
No one's home

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by stinsonjr View Post
I think it would be a remarkable bush plane, and it is apparently a great crop duster as well. The AN-2 guys squawk that Cessna as well as the Ag plane building firms have "paid off" the FAA to keep them from certifying the maching in a category that would allow them to be worked.
That has been argued over a number of airplanes. Truth or fiction?? Who knows...

Also, to IIICorps - you are nuts to try to keep up with a Russian drinking.
You think they are tough traffic. Try keeping up with the Swedes and their aquavit.

I thought the Russians would be slurping vodka but no... brandy. And no sips.. toss the shot down. True story... in St Petersburg in spring and we hammer down a few. I go back to the hotel and when I wake I figure the best thing is to do a few miles and try to sweat the hangover out. I go out jogging in St Petersburg and note that I am getting some odd looks. Why? That time of year you can read a newspaper in the ambient light at 3AM. So, here is the dumb American jogging at 3AM.. (I have to laugh at when I think of how many times I have been clueless and am still around)