Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Blueskies21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by BURflyer View Post
You will get your money from the state your employer is paying the unemployment insurance, most likely the state the company is headquartered. It's relatively painless, you look up the unemployment service number online for the state you permanently reside, don't even bother going to the unemployment office just call the number. Someone will get all your info(including how much you made 1st year as a professional airline pilot) and your SSN, which gives them info on which state has your unemployment money. After that you get the forms you have to fill out in the mail, you start getting your check in about 2 weeks.
I don't know that I would call it relatively painless...it took me a month of paperwork back and forth and a phone call interview to determine I was eligible.... this week I recieved three back checks....if you're planning on using unemployment to eat (which I wasn't) you may want to find a job sooner rather than later.... on the original question... you can file in either OH..the payroll address of our company...the state of your base OH, TN or NC or where you perm residence. In my case the amount from my perm residence is the most, not every state is the same. The amount you get is based on what you made LAST year...so if you were a starving flight instructor..plan on very little unemployment.