Thread: APC sold...?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by bluebravo View Post
So with the announcement of Internet Brands Inc. does this mean that ads will be completely covering the forum?

Does this explain the slowness of the site?
You'll see some advertising on the forum in the future, although they won't be obnoxious placements. If they completely covered the forums - how would you read the posts?

The tech migration has caused some usability problems - i.e. slow page loads but as the migration and load balancing is fine tuned we'll be back to normal.

Originally Posted by SAABaroowski View Post
probably, just wait for the membership fees to start................
No membership fees, although I do like the infraction model

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Will Internet Brands play an active role (or any role) in screening membership applications? Maybe we'll see a flood of applicants who are disgruntled police officers, underemployed Burger King workers, prepubescent airline pilot wannabes, and annoying lawyers.
Internet Brands owns vBulletin, the makers of this forum's software package. With that expertise available to us I expect that we'll adopt some "best practices" on the tech side. Take pprune.com for example, they were acquired by Internet Brands in 2007. They've benefited from the IT resource that Internet Brands presents, but have been left alone to grow organically as an online community. We don't expect to be any different.

As for memebership, don't worry vagabond - your grandfathered