View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM
contrails
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by skid View Post
Since you would likely be hired for a class in Sept to Oct at this point in time you can count on only 3-4 days of vacation for the 2009 year.

Ex. I was hired Early sept 07 I was awarded 4 days of vacation for this year. Someone hired in first half of Dec 07 had 1 day of vacation for the 08 year. If you are hired after the 15th of a month you are not awarded a day for that month.

Also Vacation is payed at 3.5 hours per day you take not what you were scheduled to work. Ex. I had a 27 hour 5 day trip over my vacation and was only paid for (4 x 3.5) 14 hours for it. In other words I lost 13 hours of pay for taking my vacation days this year.

Yes this is a weeker point in our contract. I wish we could get it changed to an hourly build up of vacation pay not a so called daily one since we dont get paid what we were scheduled to work.
That's a crappy vacation deal. I guess you'd try to get a low value trip placed on your vacation then, if able? Hopefully that can be fixed on the next Compass contract.

Hey I'm curious, how senior do those five-day trips usually go, what is the average report/release time and what are they usually worth?

They must be great for commuters.