View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 AM
AirWillie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by Flyboy8784 View Post
Its because they know they are hated amoungst the majority of us.

You'd like to think that.

And Airwillie.....dont even try to compare SkyWest to Gojets.....they may be non union...and in my opinion i could care less because I think unions are joke anyway (They dont have the pull that they used to) but Skywest isnt an Alter-Ego airline like Gojets.

Yea unions are a joke. And skywest hasn't affected anybody negatively in the last decade, certainly less than GJ that's been around for 2 or 3 years right?? GOjet isn't an alter-ego, it's a separate carrier. Completely different than TSA.

If they were good airline to be at...they wouldnt have trouble finding pilots....Ill bet money that not 1 of our 60+ furloughs at Air Wisconsin would ever consider going to work there.

HA!! What about Skywest that replaced you in ORD, that keeps low balling everyone else, including Mesa and forcing Expressjet pilots to take a pay cut with hundreds of furloughs? All the while setting up shop in LAX next month with bigger airplanes? Give me a break man. GJ doesn't have trouble finding pilots. They were properly staffed and this year they've been getting ATA and all other layed off pilots. Next class is all ATA and TSA pilots. And by next year it will be twice as big with the 12 CRJ7s coming.

A lot of pilots out there like Dynasty, who have moved on to better things recognize what is going on here. Most of the guys here flaming this thread are TSA. A lot of these guys have reason to be ****ed off what happened to them was really unfortunate. But with the help of their reps and ALPA they managed to screw up what should have been theirs. Now they are looking to blame as if GJ pilots are responsible for what happened even before GJ existed. Give me a break.

In reality GJ is just like any other airline out there, in fact surprisingly a lot of pilots with the exception of the usual suspects still don't know GJ. It's NOT what these people make it out to be. NO one has problems with other pilots. TSA and GJ guys do have to JS or DH on respective airplanes but most of the time they exchange hellos and go about their business. GJ pilots, dispatchers, FAs all are welcomed onboard both airlines. I guarantee you GJ pilots love their job more than TSA do.

Last edited by AirWillie; 08-11-2008 at 01:13 AM.