View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:19 AM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC

Airwillie, you'r koolaid seems to be awfully strong. To actually say that Gojet isn't an alter-ego airline is beyond me. Just because the judge ruled in your favor doesn't make the truth any less evident.

You've got a company, owned by a holding company, that shares the same office building, training facilities, and CEO. The things that keep the company seperate are different dispatchers and scheduling....Have you been around long enough to talk to any mechanics, ask them if they're two seperate companies or not, as TSA maintenance does your's as well. Just like Gojet indoc has been taught many many times by TSA (not holdings) instructors.

As far as staffing, it isn't as good as you'd like to believe. If a company is hiring Street Captains (which i believe has ended now), then you can bet they're having some difficulty attracting pilots. These woes were lessened by the recent set of furloughs and shutdowns, but in the end, when everyone else is hiring, most people aren't looking to be part of Gojet.

And maybe it's just because i'm a critical TSA pilot. But i tend to notice many many gojetters walking around the ORD airport and they typically don't look like they're having "the time of their life". Even amongst all the "strife" over here, i'll still be able to hold my head up, and know that i'm flying with an excellent crew, more than i can say for some of the "outstanding" individals i've run across at G7.