View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Golden Child
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Wow, I seem to have gotten a few tempers flairing. I am not trying to insult anyone, just trying to objectively lay out the version of the story I get at Trans States. Immigrant and retirees.... I am just saying what I have noticed, nothing against them. I am friends with many that I have met at the crash pad I stayed at, but that is their situation. I asked them their story and they tell me they couldn't get hired anywhere else and they either thought they could never have a career in aviation because they were too old, or they had difficulty getting hired somewhere else with english as a second language. A few seemed creepy, and I peresonally witnessed a captain trying to upgrade do dismally at Flight Safety one night beofre wigging out in a very bizarre way. It would seem pretty clear to me that GoJet has had a problem getting the best applicants and undeniable that they have never been adaquately staffed with enough pilots (this according to a friend from GJ), have thus far always been hiring, and ALL of the folks in my class had to turn down an interview with GoJet to even get one with TSA because the GoJet interview is offered by the same people, and always offered first. I know that others and I turned down the interview because of the reputation of the company.

In response to the union thing, I know they don't decide most things, I just bring it up because what they have done is recorded history, so it gives us context and a basis for explanation. Also, much of what I have heard about GoJet was in a candid session with some of the higher ups at our ALPA MECs and a dozen TSA pilots during a BBQ, so take it for what it is. I do not claim that all of this is infallible, just that it is my experience and understanding. Also, there are a lot of good people at GoJet now, I know many personally that are good pilots and decent people. Plus, the desperate number of Furloughed pilots has changed their hiring situation. Maybe things will be different now.

Last edited by Golden Child; 08-11-2008 at 11:39 AM.