Thread: Mesaba Future
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Lighteningspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: G550 Captain

Originally Posted by sigep_nm View Post
The 900 doesnt put out 19500 a side, unless I have been flying the dumbed down version. It is in the 1370 range with an uptrim to 14500. I cant comment on the pax seating as I have never been in the 175. On a side not however I cant recall the last time that NWA ever cared about passenger comfort. The only reason they have the 200 is so they can p!ss off 50 people at a time. I think the 900 may be faster but we dont fly it anywhere near its top speed. Florida is Comair territory and I suspect it will probably stay that way. You may see some but it would be coming from MEM.
Are we talking about XJ CRJ900? If we are, you are wrong. I do not know where you get your info but it is a fact that 19,450 lbs thrust per side for the XJ CRJ900. This is straight from the XJ POM and the Bombardier Systems manual and from Bombardier CRJ900 instructors at Montreal. So I guess all those information, including the Bombardier Customer Training Center Instructors are all wrong.

All this minor nitpicking is getting everyone off from the original question, which is the future of Mesaba. What is likely to happen to Mesaba in light of the latest developments and the upcoming NWA/DAL merger.

It is tied in with the future of the other regionals like Comair, Compass, Skywest etc. I certainly don't have the insight to this. It would be a pure speculation at this point.