Thread: wwyd
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
TimSmith
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
whoa, whoa, whoa, you just told Skyhigh in another thread that leaving Horizon was a big mistake. Now your telling this guy to leave his place, and it wouldn't be a mistake?
Sky left because he continually skipped around and was very unhappy. Some people are just not cut out for the lifestyle. It's not all candy and nuts all the time. This fellow enjoys medicine so much he EARNED a medical degree. It sounds as though he will be equally happy at either job. That being the case, take the money. Law of compound interest...the difference in money in the next 10 years compounded at a measly 5% will ensure the flying profession will never make the career money his medical profession makes and that doesn't account for raises in his medical profession. If he is truly unhappy in the med job, then sticking it out in airplanes isn't a bad gig in my opinion, just has the potential to be a lot rougher ride. Some like me say "Ride her til she bucks ya." Been rough, but I ain't hit the dirt yet.

Good luck with your decision buffalo, turning down the freedom that comes with those financial numbers is a tough decision.