Thread: Ups Ta
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 06:52 AM
BIGBROWNDC8
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DC-8

This ****ing TA is DOA... Yes, I plan on reading it, but I have a pretty good idea what is in it and lets just say I dont expect my "expectations" to be met.

As far as the 72 v/s 75. Jim Magner (our head Neg) said long ago that he felt that the Reserves "had it good" here so he didnt feel the need to give many or any improvments in the next contract. Reducing the garentee from 75 to 72 is a perfect example of how he regard the Reserve system (money out of their pockets). Hell, Reserve in it self is going to be going really Jr after/if the TA is passed. From what I hear, the Reserve article has been completely re-written and it give huge gains to the company. Back to the 75 Hour garentee, IMO, I think we could keep the 75 hour garentee and still have a construction cap. Reducing the hourly from 75 to 72 only reduces the total amount of money you make at the end of the year. Sure, its a non event for you Sr guys lining your pockets, holding sweet lines and being able to "line improve" at will, but for guys who are fairly Jr and "STUCK" on reserve, the 75 for 72 rule sucks and takes money away from the next pay raise.

BBDC8